Technology

China prepares measures against Apple, Boeing and other US companies in support of Huawei

Economy and Business

Luis Miranda – May 16, 2020 – one: 00 (CET)

The Chinese Government is about to announce a series of measures against Apple, Boeing and other companies in the United States. in response to the Huawei veto.

China prepara medidas contra Apple, Boeing y otras empresas de EE.UU. en apoyo a Huawei

China would be ready for Respond to the measures imposed against Huawei by the United States. According to Global Times , the Xi Jinping administration will add Apple, Boeing and others to a blacklist . The decision comes after the United States announced its intentions to block the sale of chips to Huawei.

A source close to the Chinese Government said that forceful countermeasures will be applied to protect your legitimate rights. If confirmed, this would affect US companies that would be investigated in accordance with China's laws and regulations.

The Chinese Ministry of Commerce had already announced a list of unreliable entities ( Entity List ) in the middle of last year. While the names or progress of this decision were not made public, it is now said to include Apple, Qualcomm, Boeing and Cisco. The measures range from review of cybersecurity and antitrust issues , to the suspension of purchase in the Boeing case.

Huawei suffers and the Chinese government responds

Image: David Ortiz.

Given the veto imposed by the United States in 2019, Huawei declared in March that “The Chinese government would not sit idly by watching them being massacred.” During a press conference where they announced their annual income, Eric Xu, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Huawei, expressed his dissatisfaction.

Huawei is the main affected by the trade war that Donald Trump started against China in early 2019. The American president imposed a restriction on American companies to do business with Huawei. This caused that the mobile of the technology could not include Google services, and consequently, sales fell outside of China.

The Asian company has tried to circumvent the restrictions by releasing updated versions of the latest models that were released with Google software. The problem for Huawei is that in the midst of the global crisis due to the coronavirus pandemic, the US seems not to give in to his intentions and seeks to expand the veto.

After signing an executive order that will prevent Huawei and ZTE from operating in the United States for one year , now looking to force chip makers to avoid direct supply. The US Department of Commerce announced new rules “to specifically and strategically direct Huawei's acquisition of semiconductors that are the direct product of certain US software and technology.”

If the decision of the Chinese Government is confirmed, foreign companies that do not comply with market rules will be subject to sanctions and investigations similar to those that Huawei has faced.

👇 More in Hypertextual

  • United States extends veto Huawei for one more year
  • Huawei warns the US: “The Chinese Government will not sit idly by watching us being massacred”
  • China closes Foxconn and Samsung factories to prevent further spread of coronavirus

Close